Safety and Fire Engineering
Safety and Fire Engineering
Vision & Mission
Programs Outcomes & Objective
Program Educational Objectives describe the career and professional accomplishments in five years after graduation that the program is preparing graduates to achieve.
- Have a sound knowledge in Safety and Fire Engineering aspects to provide solutions for Potential hazards
- To design control measures with traditional and modern computational tools based on codes.
- Expertise in the area of Thermal, Chemical Reactions, Structural Stability, Environmental Impacts and Safety Methods.
- To enable the students for achieving proficiency in fire & safety to attain the highest altitude in their career.
Program Outcome describe the knowledge, skills and attitudes the students should have at the end of a four year engineering program.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design / Development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods, including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling of complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions to societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Lifelong learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes are statements that describe what the graduates of a specific engineering program should be able to do.
- Analyse and assess fire safety of buildings and industries to design specify fire protection systems.
- Evaluate hazards and risks in process and manufacturing industries to formulate remedial measures and safety management systems.
List of Laboratory
Safety Engineering Practices Laboratory
Fluid Mechanics and Machinery Laboratory
Safety Elements Drawing Laboratory
Manufacturing Technology Laboratory
Occupational Health and First Aid Laboratory
Thermal Engineering Laboratory
Fire safety Engineering Laboratory
Safety in Construction Laboratory
Chemical Engineering Laboratory
Legal aspects of Safety Laboratory
Fire Engineering Laboratory
Additional Labs for Advanced Learning
Centre of Excellence for Fire Management
Centre of Excellence for Various industries safety.
Value Added Courses
Fire Safety and Hazard Management
Industrial Safety Course.
Driver and Pump Operator.
Fire Safety and Security Management
|S.No.||Name of the Industry||Purpose|
|1||VI MICROSYSTEMS PVT.LTD, CHENNAI||Project , Placement, Internship, Industrial Visit|
|2||MEZOBLANCA SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS,COIMBATORE||Value Added Courses|
|3||SUNSHIV ELECTRONICS , COIMBATORE||Value Added Courses|
|4||MEGATRONICS, COIMBATORE||Project , Placement, Internship, Industrial Visit|
|5||PREMIER EQUIPMENTS AND TOOLS,COIMBATORE||Project , Placement, Internship, Industrial Visit|
|6||PULSAR,CHENNAI||Students Internal Project|
|7||CALIBER EMBEDDED TECHNOLOGY,SALEM||Project , Placement, Internship, Industrial Visit|
|8||ABE SEMICONDUCTOR DESIGNS||Project , Placement, Internship, Industrial Visit|
|9||NEW MOBILE TECHNOLOGIES||Workshop, Certification course|
|10||POPULAR SYSTEMS,COIMBATORE||Workshop, Certification course|
|11||PROYOGA TECHNOLOGIES||Student’s Internship, Project|
|12||NANDHA INFOTECH||Student’s Internship, Project|