Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
About the Department
|M.E Power Electronics and Drives||18|
|M.E Embedded System Technologies||24|
The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE) was established in the year 2021 by EXCEL GROUP INSTITUTIONS. Along with B.E., the Department also offers Two M.E. Degree Programmes in Power Electronics and Drives, and Embedded Systems. The Department has good infrastructure with well equipped laboratories. The well-qualified and experienced faculty of this Department is committed to achieving excellence in academic programmes. The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering marches towards creating engineers capable of attaining supremacy in every new technology and innovation with commitment and enthusiasm. In EEE, there is the growing awareness that the future training and education of electrical engineers in the industry needs to be in the area of highly efficient, industry-relevant skills formation, to enable frequent and rapid deployment of professional skills in new areas.
Dr. V. S. ARULMURUGAN
Educational Qualification : Ph.D
Teaching Experience :14 Years
Industry Experience : 3 Years
Greetings from the department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Excel Engineering College. The Department is established in the year 2021.The faculty competency is available in all important areas of Electrical Engineering such as Power systems, Power Electronics and Drives, Embedded Systems, Renewable Energy, Smart Grid, etc., With the ever growing demand of Electrical Engineers in all sectors, we at EEE department are committed to produce Power Engineers with the following objectives:
To develop competent Electrical Engineers of high quality who will be able to apply their technical skills in their professional career with a multidisciplinary approach.
To train and encourage the graduates for personal and professional success with awareness and commitment to their ethical and social responsibilities, both as individuals and in team.
To provide hands-on experience and make the students industry ready who would be able to face the real world challenges.The department offers B.E (EEE), M.E (Power Electronics and Drives) and M.E (Embedded System Technologies)
Vision & Mission
Programs Outcomes & Objective
- The graduates exhibit strong knowledge in basic sciences and electrical engineering to enable them for higher learning and employment.
- To prepare the graduates to design electrical, electronics and computing systems innovatively for mankind.
- To inculcate the graduate professionalism, ethics, effective communication skills and capability to succeed in multi disciplinary fields.
Program Outcome describe the knowledge, skills and attitudes the students should have at the end of a four year engineering program.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes are statements that describe what the graduates of a specific engineering program should be able to do.
- Graduates will exhibits demonstrable knowledge in the field of electrical and electronics engineering.
- Ability to transform and excel as solution providers for industry and society challenges.
List of Laboratory
Engineering Practices Lab
Electric Circuits Lab
Electrical Machines Lab I & II
Linear and Digital Integrated Circuits Lab
Control and Instrumentation Lab
Power Electronics and Drives Lab
Microprocessors and Microcontrollers Lab
Renewable energy Lab
Labview simulation Lab
Power system simulation Lab
Additional Labs for Advanced Learning
Solar Power Plant with On-Grid tied up with SMA inverter(275.06KW)
Value Added Courses
|S.No||COURSE TITLE||NAME OF THE STAFF WHO HANDLED|
|1||PLC||Mr. R. Gobu|
|S.No.||Name of the Industry||Purpose|
|1||Popular Systems – Coimbatore||Project , Placement, Internship, Industrial Visit|
|2||Mass Solar Systems Pvt Ltd – Coimbatore||Project , Placement, Internship, Industrial Visit|
|3||ALFA Switchgear India Pvt. Ltd., Nasiyanur, Erode.||Project , Placement, Internship, Industrial Visit|
Awards and Recognition
|S. No.||FACULTY NAME||TITLE OF THE AWARD||AWARDED BY||MONTH OF AWARD RECEIVED|
|1.||Dr. V. S. ARULMURUGAN||BEST ACADEMIC ADMINISTRATOR||PONDICHERRY CHIEF MINISTER, Thiru. V. NARAYANASAMY||MARCH 2017|