Master of Computer Applications
Master of Computer Applications
About the Department
The department of Master of Computer Application offers a 2 years full-time Post Graduate degree program which is affiliated to Anna University and approved by AICTE New Delhi with an intake capacity of 60. At Excel Engineering College, semester pattern is followed for Master of Computer Application (MCA). An academic year consists of two semesters.
Our mission is to educate students to develop probing mind for the true understanding of real life problems and to build optimal computer solutions for the benefit of society at large scale. Our graduates are outstandingly employable, and find employment within a variety of sectors.
Our Department has produced good number of software professionals and has established a name for itself in the country and abroad. They have constantly excelled in the highly competitive industrial environment, best employer in top ranking companies. I summit this accomplishment to the blend of a dedicated faculty that works hard at imparting quality education, a planned upcoming current trend, and our students.
Learning is a continuous process and does not end with the achievement of a degree. Therefore we do not aspire to make our students walking manuals of any language or package. Along with, they are given a strong underpinning in computer applications and problem solving techniques, and are made adaptable to changes.
The Department provides various value added training programs, department club activities, placement assistance and drives to inculcate high technical skills, culture of teamwork, leadership qualities for achieving excellence and thereby increasing employability skills. The central part values of the department help the students to develop their overall personality skills and make them admirable software engineer to compete and work at global level.
We look forward to build a most excellent and vibrant academic environment to grab the world wide opportunities.
We welcome you to the Computer Applications Department as postgraduate student and hope to be part of your success.
Vision & Mission
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
I. To prepare students to excel in the computing profession by providing solid technical foundations in the field of computer applications.
II.To provide students various computing skills like the analysis, design and development of innovative software products to meet the industry needs.
III.To motivate students to pursue lifelong learning and to do research as computing professionals and scientists.
IV.To encourage students to communicate and function effectively in teams in multidisciplinary fields within the global, social and environmental context.
On successful completion of the program:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- Enable the students to select the suitable data model, appropriate architecture and platform to implement a system with good performance.
- Enable the students to design and integrate various system based components to provide user interactive solutions for various challenges.
List of Laboratory
- Python Programming Lab
- Programming and Data Structures Lab
- Object Oriented Programming Lab
- Database Management System Lab
- Networks and Communication Lab
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design Lab
- Cloud Computing Services Lab
- Web Technology Lab
- Machine Learning Lab
- Cryptography and Network Security Lab
- IoT Fundamentals and Architecture Lab
- Project Lab
Open Source Lab
- GCC COMPILER
- JAVA, NETBEANS, ECLIPSE, CODE BLOCKS
- MY SQL
- NETWORK SIMULATOR 2
- XAMP,WAMP, APACHE TOMCAT
Additional Labs for Advanced Learning
- Centre of Excellence for IOT
- Centre of Excellence for Big Data
Value Added Courses
- Data Science and Big Data Analytics
- Android Development with Kotlin
- Android Application Development
- Machine Learning
- Deep Learning
- Hardware Maintenance and Trouble Shooting
- R programming using python
- Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality
- PHP Programming
- Internet of Things
- Oracle Programming Using SQL
- J2SE , J2ME,J2EE Programming
- Cyber Security
- Cloud Computing (AWS)
|S.No.||Name of the Industry||Purpose|
|1||Nandha Infotech, Coimbatore||Project , Placement, Internship, Industrial Visit|
|2||TechTrunk Ventures Pvt. Ltd., Hyderabad||Value Added Courses|
|3||RedHat Linux||Online portal for information sharing|
|4||Guvi Geek Networks, Chennai||Project , Placement, Internship, Industrial Visit|
|5||Chakrika Infotech Solutions, Puducherry||Project , Placement, Internship, Industrial Visit|
|6||ICTACT Academy||Student and Faculty development programs|
|7||Crypton Tech||Project , Placement, Internship, Industrial Visit|
|8||Letsconnect||Online portal for information sharing|
|9||SixPhrase, Coimbatore||Placement Training|
|10||KNET Solutions, Chennai||Project , Placement, Internship, Industrial Visit|
|11||Focus 4-D Career Education Pvt. Ltd., Coimbatore||Project , Placement, Internship, Industrial Visit|
|12||Talent Sprint, Chennai||Placement Training|