About the Department
The Department of Information Technology was established in the year 2007 with an intake of 60 students. The Department of Information Technology was formed with the primary objective of providing world class education in the field of Information Technology, while addressing the problems of today and tomorrow. Right from its inception, the department has been offering excellent infrastructural facilities with a variety of computing platforms for aspiring professional students to meet the growing demands of the IT industry. The department imparts world class training, research and provides state of the art computing facilities to the students. The department offers excellent academic environment with a team of highly qualified faculty members to inspire the students to develop their technical skills and inculcate the spirit of team work in them. The strength of the department lies in the highly motivated students who understand the dynamics of the industry and tune their skills accordingly. Our department has an outstanding placement statistics and our students have been placed in leading IT companies.
Dr. M. Vadivel
Educational Qualification : M.E, Ph.D.,
Teaching Experience : 18 Years
Industry Experience : 2 years
Information Technology is one of the fastest growing engineering fields in all over the world. We are also part of that. The Department seeks to combine excellence in education and research with service to the industry. Our vision is to be recognized as innovative and leading Information Technology Department in the India and beyond.
Our goal is to provide students with a balance of intellectual and practical experiences that enable them to serve a variety of societal needs.
We train all students such a way that, they are compatible at national level as well as also stand at international level. Our highly qualified faculty members not only provide knowledge to the student but motivate them to be intellectuals and professionals in their approach.
Vision & Mission
Programs Outcomes & Objective
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
Program Educational Objectives describe the career and professional accomplishments in five years after graduation that the program is preparing graduates to achieve.
- To ensure graduates will be proficient in utilizing the fundamental knowledge of basic sciences, mathematics and Information Technology for the applications relevant to various streams of Engineering and Technology.
- . To enrich graduates with the core competencies necessary for applying knowledge of computers and telecommunications equipment to store, retrieve, transmit, manipulate and analyze data in the context of business enterprise.
- To enable graduates to think logically, pursue lifelong learning and will have the capacity to understand technical issues related to computing systems and to design optimal solutions.
- To enable graduates to develop hardware and software systems by understanding the importance of social, business and environmental needs in the human context.
- To enable graduates to gain employment in organizations and establish themselves as professionals by applying their technical skills to solve real world problems and meet the diversified needs of industry, academia and research.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
Program Outcome describe the knowledge, skills and attitudes the students should have at the end of a four year engineering program.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design / Development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods, including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling of complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions to societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Lifelong learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
Program Specific Outcomes are statements that describe what the graduates of a specific engineering program should be able to do.
- To create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- To manage complex IT projects with consideration of the human, financial, ethical and environmental factors and an understanding of risk management processes, and operational and policy implications.
List of Laboratory
Python Programming Lab
Computer Practices laboratory
Programming and Data Structures Lab
Object Oriented Programming lab
Web Technology Lab
Mobile Application Development Lab
Case tools and Graphics lab
Cloud Computing Lab
Additional Labs for Advanced Learning
Centre of Excellence for IOT
Centre of Excellence for Big Data
Value Added Courses
R programming using python
Hardware Maintenance and Trouble Shooting
Internet of Things
Android Application Development
Data Science and Big Data Analytics
Machine Learning & Deep Learning
Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality
|S.No.||Name of the Industry||Purpose|
|1||Nandha Infotech, Coimbatore||Project , Placement, Internship, Industrial Visit|
|2||TechTrunk Ventures Pvt. Ltd., Hyderabad||Value Added Courses|
|3||KNET Solutions, Chennai||Project , Placement, Internship, Industrial Visit|
|4||Focus 4-D Career Education Pvt. Ltd., Coimbatore||Project , Placement, Internship, Industrial Visit|
|5||ICTACT Academy||Student and Faculty development programs|
|6||Crypton Tech||Project , Placement, Internship, Industrial Visit|
|7||Letsconnect||Online portal for information sharing|
|8||GUVI Greeks pvt. Ltd, Chennai||Project , Placement, Internship, Industrial Visit|
|S.No||Student Name||Company Name|
|1||RANJITH KUMAR.M||eNoah iSolutions.,Chennai|
|2||SWATHI G||Bleuz Infomatic Solutions.,Tiruppur|
|3||SHIBIN SHAJI||Eben Telecom Pvt Ltd.,Cochin|
|4||SAKTHIVEL M||Karvy Technologies.,Trichy|
|5||SHEELA J||Karvy Technologies.,Trichy|
|6||JAYASRI J||Jobworld India Pvt Ltd.,Chennai|
|7||SHIBIN SHAJI||Jobworld India Pvt Ltd.,Chennai|
|8||JANAKI P||CETAS Information Technology Pvt Ltd.,Chennai|
|9||SARANYA S||Allsec Technologies., Chennai|
|10||VAIJAYANTHIMALA S||Allsec Technologies., Chennai|
|11||DHINAGAR K||Allsec Technologies., Chennai|
|12||BOOPATHI RAJA V||Allsec Technologies., Chennai|
|13||TAMILARASAN N||Allsec Technologies., Chennai|
|14||VASANTHA KUMAR S||IICCSS Technologies Pvt Ltd.,Coimbatore|
|15||ASHOK J||Angel Broking Services Pvt Ltd.,Coimbatore|
|16||HARSHINI A||Hicitizen Life Skills.,Perundurai|
|17||S.SANGEETHA||Hicitizen Life Skills.,Perundurai|
|S.No||Student Name||Company Name|
|1||LOGESH C||OneBill Software , Chennai|
|2||DHIVYA S||Jobworld India Pvt Ltd.,Bangalore|
|3||VEERAMANIKANDAN R||Jobworld India Pvt Ltd.,Bangalore|
|4||KALAIYARASAN P||Jobworld India Pvt Ltd.,Bangalore|
|5||DINESH T||Eximio Services,Chennai|
|6||KALAIYARASAN P||Eximio Services,Chennai|
|7||DINESH T||Webberax , Chennai|
|8||KAVIARASAN A||Webberax , Chennai|
|9||SRIRAGAVI T||Webberax , Chennai|
|10||JAMUNA RANI G||TechMahindra ,Chennai|
|11||KALAISELVI S||TechMahindra ,Chennai|
|12||KIRAN S||TechMahindra ,Chennai|
|13||KOWSALYA R||TechMahindra ,Chennai|
|14||MATHAN R||TechMahindra ,Chennai|
|15||SYED MUNAVAR H||TechMahindra ,Chennai|
|S.No||Register Number||Name||On Campus / Off Campus||Company name||Salary(Rs)||Document Available|
|1||730918205037||VISHVA N||On Campus||Wipro Technologies,Chennai||Rs.3,50,000 per annum||YES|
|2||730918205035||MATHUMETHA.S||On Campus||Wipro Technologies,Chennai||Rs.3,50,000 per annum||YES|
|3||730918205025||KARTHICK.P||On Campus||Wipro Technologies,Chennai||Rs.3,50,000 per annum||YES|
|4||730918205037||VISHVA N||On Campus||Hexaware Technologies||Rs.4,00,000 per annum||YES|
|5||730918205037||VISHVA N||On Campus||Cart Rabbit, Chennai||Rs.3,50,000 per annum||YES|
|6||730918205037||VISHVA N||On Campus||One Bill Software, Bangalore||Rs.4,50,000 per annum||YES|
|7||730918205037||VISHVA N||On Campus||ZOHO||Rs.1,80,000 per annum||YES|
|8||730918205037||VISHVA N||On Campus||Tech Mahindra||Rs.3,50,000 per annum||YES|
|9||730918205044||PAVITHRA.S||On Campus||e Noah I Solutions, Chennai||Rs.4,00,000 per annum||YES|
|10||730918205016||GOWTHAMI.K.P||On Campus||e Noah I Solutions, Chennai||Rs.4,00,000 per annum||YES|
|11||730918205035||MATHUMETHA.S||On Campus||e Noah I Solutions, Chennai||Rs.4,00,000 per annum||YES|
|12||730918205035||MATHUMETHA.S||On Campus||HCL TECHNOLOGIES , CHENNAI||Rs.4,25,000 per annum||YES|
|13||730918205025||KARTHICK.P||On Campus||HCL TECHNOLOGIES , CHENNAI||Rs.4,25,000 per annum||YES|
|14||730918205002||ABIRAMI.P||On Campus||Venpa Global Technologies, Chennai||Rs.1,80,000 per annum||YES|
|15||730918205012||DHARSHINI.K||On Campus||Venpa Global Technologies, Chennai||Rs.1,80,000 per annum||YES|
|16||730918205018||INDHUMATHI.S||On Campus||Venpa Global Technologies, Chennai||Rs.1,80,000 per annum||YES
|S.No||Name Of The Program||Date||Resource Person Details||Photos|
|1||Alumni interaction on ” Industry Expectation from an Engineer”||18.09.2021||Mr.S.Shibin Shaji, Developer, Just Dial,Bangalore|
|2||Webinar on “MEAN Stack development”||25.09.2021||S.Gokul, Senior software developer,
INQ Technologies, Chennai
|3||Guest lecture on cyber Security||9.10.2021||Mr.M.Ranjith Kumar,
ASIC Design and Verification Engineer,
eNoah i solutions India Pvt. Ltd
|4||Motivational and career guidance Program||12.10.2021||Mr.V.Sasikumar,Project Manager,L&T infotech,chennai|
|5||Seminar on Artificial Intelligence||23.10.2021||Mr.V.Sasikumar,Project Manager,L&T infotech,chennai|
|6||Online Session and Quiz on Securing Digital Space||13-11-2021||National Informatics Centre, Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India.|
|7||Alumni Guest lecture on Frameworks||13-11-2021||Mr.Arun.S,Team Leader,DNS Technology ,Kochi,Kerala|
|8||Online Session and Quiz on Securing Personal Data||20-11-2021||National Informatics Centre, Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India.|
|9||Career Enrichment Program||22-11-2021||Ms.R.Swathi & S.Jayasri,System Analyst,Muthoot Fin Corp,Erode|
|10||Alumni guest Lecture on campus to Corporate||24-11-2021||S.Harshini,software Developer Trainee,TCS,Chennai|
|11||Alumni guest Lecture on Higher Studies opportunities||27-11-2021||Ms.S.Sharmila,II-ME CSE,Excel Engineering College & Ms.S.Yalmozhi,Trainee,ETS Academy,Erode|
|12||Alumni Interaction on -How to Prepare for Placement Drives||3-12-2021||Mr.M.Ranjithkumar,ASIC Design and Verification Engineer,eNoah solutions,chennai & S.Vaijayanthimala,Allsec Technologies-Chennai|
|13||Industry Guest Lecture on IT Industry Standards||04-12-2021||Mr.V.Sasikumar,Project Manager,L&T infotech,chennai|
|14||Seminar on Digital marketing||18-12-2021||Mr.M.Madhan Babu,Digital marketing Specialist ,IPCS Global solutions,Salem|
|15||Workshop on Data Analytics Using Python||18-12-2021||Mr.P.Purusothaman,Data Analyst,Powerway Software Services Pvt ltd,Mumbai|
|16||Peer Training on Computer Hardware Assembling||18-12-2022||P.Dineshkumar, AP/IT, ExcelEngineering College,komarapalayam|