About the Department
Department of Petrochemical Technology was established in the year 2021 by the Excel Group Institutions with the objective of fulfilling the demand of well qualified Petrochemical Technologists in the world.
The Department offers a 4-year B.Tech. Degree Programme in Petrochemical Technology, which is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi, and affiliated to Anna University, Chennai. It has ample dedicated faculty members in Petroleum Engineering and Chemical Engineering, in addition to Geologists with rich experience in academics, industry and research. The department has well equipped and state-of-the-art laboratories with effective acoustic conditions
Educational Qualification : M.Tech. (PRPC)
Teaching Experience :13 Years
Industry Experience : 0 Years
Department of Petrochemical Technology takes immense pride in the fact that our students receive the highest quality of education by providing necessary infrastructure and a team of qualified and motivated faculty all under one roof. This is facilitated by closely monitoring the delivery content and teaching learning process and practical learning imparted in laboratories. Our excellence is not just confined to the classroom; we are equally active in organising conferences, workshops, seminars, guest lectures and other co-curricular activities to expose students to the aspects beyond the curriculum, and to provide an opportunity to interact with experts thus adding value to their profession. Our placement cell is closely associated with industry and has an excellent track record. After a rigorous intellectual session the students have ample scope to relax in co-curricular activities in sports and games. We warmly welcome the young aspiring students to be a part of us while learning, and pass out successfully as valuable citizen.
Vision & Mission
Programs Outcomes & Objective
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- Successful in their careers in the diversified sectors of the Petrochemical Technology.
- Be able to implement their acquired knowledge in fields such as advanced chemical engineering and associated downstream processing techniques.
- Be able to understand the recent developments in the field of biotechnology with advanced focus on research and development and pursue their research goals.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
Program Outcome describe the knowledge, skills and attitudes the students should have at the end of a four year engineering program.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
Program Specific Outcomes are statements that describe what the graduates of a specific engineering program should be able to do.
- Have strong background in the field of Petrochemical technology and applied sciences.
- Use modern chemical process tools in industry and/or institutes where ever necessary with leadership qualities and ethics.
List of Laboratory
- Heat & Mass transfer lab
- Fluid & solid operations lab
- Mechanical operations lab
- Petroleum product Testing lab I & II
- Petroleum physical properties Testing lab
- Geology lab
- Drilling fluid & cementing techniques Lab
- Chemical Reaction engineering Lab
- Process control lab
- Fluid mechanics lab
Additional Labs for Advanced Learning
- Simulation laboratory for Process Control (PRO-SIM software)
Value Added Courses
|S.No||COURSE TITLE||NAME OF THE STAFF HANDLED|
|1||PRO-SIM S/W||Meenakshisundar, HOD|
|S.No.||Name of the Industry||Purpose|
|1||Kavin Engineers, Pvt. Ltd., Coimbatore||Project , Placement, Internship, Industrial Visit|
|2||SIM Infosystems Pvt. Ltd., Chennai||Project , Placement, Internship, Industrial Visit|