Library occupies a prominent position and it is an important as well as integral part of the college. It is an active workshop instrument in the production of original thinking. College library stimulates the students to obtain, evaluate & recognize knowledge for further education and learning disciplines. Library supports the teaching and research needs of the college. The library serves as a storehouse of knowledge with 2000 separate books for allied Health Science and 13,000 consolidate medical books, National & International Journals, Magazines and have 25 computers with internet facilities, Materials placed on reserve at the request of a faculty member must be used in the Library. A photocopier and scanner are available in the Library.
|1.||Mr. Srinivasan||MA., MBA., MLIS||Librarian|
|2||Ms. Sathya||BA., DTEd., (BLIS)||Asst Librarian|
The College has separate well equipped laboratories with sophisticated instruments to meet the needs of Biochemistry, Microbiology, Haematology, Physiology, Pathology, Radiology fields
Clubs & Forums
- The Journal Club equips the students with knowledge in the field of science by exposing them to a wide range of discussions, seminars, training, competitions and hands-on training.
- It develops a scientific awareness in personal, social, environmental and technological contexts.
- Every Saturday during the forenoon sessions, the club organizes Presentations and provides opportunities for students to carry out innovative ideas and self directed activities in areas of interest in science.
Fine Arts Club
- The purpose of the club is to bring out the innate talents and creativity of the students like Dancing, Singing, Playing Musical Instruments, Enacting Skits, Mimicry, Speaking Skills, Writing Skills, Poetic Skills, Sketching, Drawing, Wealth out of waste, GK, Quiz etc., and providing them a platform to showcase their artistic abilities
- The main purpose of the alumni association is to support a network of former graduates who will, in turn, help to raise the profile of the college and be a source of inspiration for the present students.
- It strengthens the bond among alumni and promotes the spirit of gratitude towards the Alma Mater.
The college has a well equipped convention centre with a seating capacity of over 2000 persons. The Excel Convention Centre is spacious, air-conditioned and has well a furnished hall 25,375 sq. ft. in size; with a Stage measuring 30 x 98 ft.; 12 fully-furnished suite rooms equipped with modern projection & audio system; a fully air-conditioned Mini-Hall, measuring 8,729 sq. ft. in area; a dining hall, and a open Car Parking that can accommodate 1000 cars. It provides ample opportunity for students to exhibit their talents in cultural activities.
Conference / Seminar Hall
The college has a well furnished seminar Hall for the conduct of academic events and important meetings of the college offering facilities such as OHP, LCD Projectors, screens, White boards, etc for delivering lectures and talks
Smart Class Rooms
- Made with the objective to enhance the quality of education, the class rooms are integrated with LCD projectors, screens & black boards to enhance the way of teaching and learning digitally which make lectures easier, engaging and more interactive
- Our Classrooms are well furnished with ergonomically designed age-appropriate, comfortable seating with sufficient gap in between and are well-ventilated and with natural lighting.
Basket ball Concrete Court and a Play ground are available for encouraging and promoting the sports spirit of the student community.
- There are separate hostels for both Boys & Girls.
- The hostel room measure different sizes capacitating 2 to 6 beds, as per the needs of the students and are also provided with attached bathrooms and common bathrooms
- The hostel facilities can be availed at different prices depending on the budget of the students
- The institution takes special care to provide the necessary provision and creates a secured atmosphere for the inmates
- Ventilated and spacious rooms with fans and adequate light facilities are provided to the inmates
- The rooms are furnished with adequate furniture and separate shelves for the convenience of every student
- A Pure VegetarianMess is functioning in the hostel
- For the preparation of quality, delicious and nutritious food the mess is provided with modern kitchen equipments like Vegetable cutting machine, steamers and boilers, dough kneading machine and grinders
- To maintain student’s health a Multi-Gym is provided with necessary equipments
- Television with multi-channels is provided in mess hall during meal times and also in the evening for relaxation
- Hostel admission is valid for one year. Admission will be given for the following year based on the student’s performance and behavior.
- The Students must keep their rooms neat and clean. Writing or sticking bills and notices on the walls or windows is strictly prohibited. Fines will be collected from the erring students.
- Smoking or using intoxication drinks or drugs is strictly prohibited; violators will be severely punished with dismissal.
- For any breakage or destruction of the hostel belongings, a fine double to the amount of the cost of the articles damaged, will be levied with dismissal from the hostel.
- Proper permission should be obtained from the hostel warden for leave and also to get out-pass for going out any other purpose.
The hostels function under the supervision of the Chief Warden Supervisor and the Deputy Wardens.
Chief Warden (Boys) – Green Hostel
|1.||Dr.R.Manivannan||Principal, Excel college of Pharmacy||9965511199|
Full Time Warden (Boys) : Green Hostel
|1.||Mr.A.Joel Prasanna Kumar||Full time Warden, Boy’s Green Hostel||9842946111|
Deputy Warden: Green Hostel
|1.||Mr.M.Udhaya Kumar||Lecturer, Excel Institute of Health Science||9585666865|
|2.||Mr. Vellaiyan||Lecturer, Excel Institute of Health Science||8610364859|
Full Time Warden (Girls Hostel)
|1.||Ms. Nithya||Full time Warden, Girl’s Hostel||9965591888|
Deputy Warden (Girls’ Hostel)
|1.||Ms.Reshmadas||Assistant Professor, ECE, Excel Engineering College||9965533370|
Chief Warden (Girls Hostel)
|1.||Ms.K.Tamilarasi||Assistant Professor, ECE, Excel Engineering College||9976656038|
Canteen & Cafeteria
A Private Canteen is available for students & staff in the College Campus. Strict discipline is maintained in the service area. A Food Court is open during the day hours to cater to the taste of the students from the various parts of the nation and of the world.
The Stationery, Record notes, Apron and other articles required for students are available in Excel Store.
An On-campus ATM provided by the Axis Bank is a boon to the hostellers as well as to the faculty residing within the Campus.
Buses are easily available for Day Scholar students as Excel Institution Campus is situated beside the National Highway – 544 linking Salem and Coimbatore.
College buses ply from Erode, Thindal, Vellode, Arachalur, Chennimalai, Bhavani, Appakudal, Anthiyur, Sathyamangalam, Gopi, Pasur, Komarapalayam, Edappadi, Magundanchavadi, Salem, Omalur, Seelanaikanpatty, Salem adivaram, Sangagiri, Mettur, Rasipuram, Paruthipalli,, Vittampalayam, Chittur, Vennanthur, Velakethi, Kolathur, Vellore, Mamangam, Solasiramani, Poolampatti, erundhalaiyur, Reddipalayam, Vellithiruppur, Kunchandiyur, Ayothipattanam, Rayarpalayam, Nambiyur.
Travel freely within the Campus on the Battery-operated Eco-friendly Car
All the roads in the vast and spread out Campus of EGIs have been macadamized and tarred, and each and every Block of building has been provided with Parking Lots for Two Wheelers as well as Four Wheelers.
|1.||Mr. Dhanraj||98421 51789|