MCA Curriculum & Syllabus
MCA programme will consist of 12 Core subjects, 3 Elective subjects, 1 Summer Project work, 1 Main Project (vide curriculum structure enclosed). The Elective courses may be offered if at least 10 students from the 60 students in a class choose those courses.
Full Time MCA programme consists of 4 semesters in 2 Academic years.
Eligibility for Admission
A pass in a recognised Bachelor's degree (B.Sc – CS / IT / BCA) of minimum 3 years duration and obtained at least 50 % (45 % in the case of candidates belonging to reserved category) at the qualifying examination.
- Anna University regulations 2013
Continuous Internal Assessment
The performance of students in each subject will be continuously assessed by the respective teachers as per the guidelines. The completed examination papers are evaluated within three days by the concern faculty members. Then the internal marks and the monthly attendance are getting uploaded in next three days, after uploading of all details in website, every student can login in their students’ id, the marks and the attendance can be viewed in details.
University Examination will be held at the end of the each semester for duration of 3 hours for each subject.
There is no passing minimum for Internal Assessment component. The passing minimum for the University Examination is 50% and the overall passing minimum putting the sessional and university examination marks together will be 50% (i.e. 50 out of 100 marks).
- The duration of each semester is 90 working days.
- Each course will be taught for 5 hours a week including one hour tutorials.
- Students will be actively involved in preparing seminar papers and presenting to the class in emerging areas of concerned subject.
- Teacher will use LCD projectors, computers, and other advanced techniques for teaching.
- Management Practices will be conducted strictly according to the guidelines given the syllabus.
- Importance must be given to real-time applications in each course.
- Class room teaching will be supplemented by industrial visits and guest lecturers by Industry People.
Programme Educational Objective
To prepare the Post Graduate students for a prolific career in Software Industry and inculcate an urge for Research by providing the conducive environment in teaching and learning process in the core and emerging areas.
To nurture and implant a strong basement in the learning methodologies which thereby enhances the principles and approaches in computing, networking and communication skills.
To aim and provide the student a variety of context and a flexible learning environment which makes them learn and develop sound knowledge in Information Technology, Computer Software and Engineering concepts.
To foster and provide a social environment which moulds the students to become Professionals enriched with communication, technical and innovative skills to render it in social context ethically.
To reinforce a competency based learning environment with excellent team work and teaching aids which make the students recognize and accomplish their academic and career goals.
On Completion of the MCA degree the Graduates are expected to
- Demonstrate the technical knowhow in fields of Engineering, Humanities and Science
- Implement the Creative and Problem Solving skills in various Real time problems
- Design and develop Software to mete out the Customer Requirements
- Designate as a Team member and render efficient skills to climb the hierarchy of an organization
- Understand and dispatch his Professional and Ethical responsibilities
- Pursue and embark a Career in Research
- Develop the individual as Entrepreneur in the software fields as Software Programmer, Software Engineer, Software Architect, Software Developer etc.
- Communicate effectively both in verbal and formal means
- Exhibit skills for a continuous and lifelong learning